Cappadocia - Sunday we left for Cappadocia - sort of the desert area of Turkey (central Turkey). All kinds of extraordinary rock formations and underground cities. When we arrived we went straight to Kaymakli underground city. Pretty interesting. As short as I am I had to bend over to maneuver through the entry passage to the 2nd level. All kinds of different rooms, The animal stables are on the first level and then there was a church on the second level. Then living quarters and kitchen. At every stop there are people hounding you to buy things - yes, I have supported the economy here. Our hotel was out away from town and the wi-fi was worse than dial-up. Monday I woke in the dead of night to the LOUD reminder for Muslims to rise and eat before sunrise. Back to sleep I went (after recording it of course) and the day took us to Gerome Valley and the Fairy Chimneys. There was also a visit to a Turkish rug factory. Monday evening after dinner we attended a Whirling Dervish performance. It is actually a religious sect here in Turkey that whirls as part of their prayer ceremony. Perfect silence is required and no cameras allowed. Bummer because I wanted to record it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment